Google Designs By Miss Mandee: Your Positive Self Image, Plus Fun Printable Quote

Header & NavBar

Image Map

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Your Positive Self Image, Plus Fun Printable Quote

      I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July: I know I did! It was a blast. We are currently up in a land called Idaho (I-da-ho), visiting my in-laws. So, we were able to enjoy the splendor of the Rexburg parade, splash around at the resplendent Rexburg Rapids, and watch the spectacle that is the Rexburg city fireworks display. It has been a really fun, and it has been great to have Davian visit his Grammy and Grandpops!
     And now, for todays printable, I present to you some encouraging words:

"Object in mirror is SKINNIER than it appears"

I think this quote it really cute, and kind of silly, but I think it can also be useful to remember. We are always our toughest critic: especially when it come to our body image. I don't care how much you weigh, or how much you work to stay healthy; we have ALL been insecure about our bodies at one point or another.
     When I was in 7th grade, just in the midst of puberty (a.k.a. the most insecure period of your life) I was 5'6" and 103 lbs. When I went to get a physical done to be on the Track team, the woman told me I was "Pushing my weight," and that I weighed more than I was suppose to for my age. I realize now that the woman doing my physical was absolutely wrong, and there was no way in heck I was anything close to overweight; but that didn't stop my already low self-esteem from completely plummeting, and from me developing a minor eating disorder along with a long-lasting and unhealthy outlook on both food and my body.
     I can't say I have all the answers when it comes to developing a positive self-image, but I can tell you that an intense and irrational focus on your outward appearance will NEVER lead to any sort of satisfaction or happiness.
     Wow, bet you didn't know this blog was going to get so dramatic! I know I usually write really light-hearted blogs, but there are a couple people in my life right now that I feel need to hear this. I hope those people read this, print off this quote, hang it on their mirror, and smile.
     Wishing you all the best!
*I am linking up with these parties